Solar Panels: The clean Solar Energy Revolution
Solar panels have the purpose of producing energy and heat by exploiting the energy coming from the sun. There are different types of solar panels available at solar wholesale: photovoltaic solar panels, thermal solar panels and concentrating solar panels. The most common are the thermal solar panels, which allow you to heat the water for the daily use of a family, without resorting to the use of gas or electricity, thus replacing a series of appliances, such as the boiler, without affecting the use of electricity, charged to the bill.
Solar energy comes from the radiation of the sun’s rays that are captured by panels and transformed into energy. The sun is such a powerful source of energy that it could potentially meet global energy needs for a year, but unfortunately we are currently only able to harness 0.001 percent of that energy. In recent years there has been a lot of talk about solar energy, its strengths and weaknesses: although this type of energy has been widely criticized for being expensive or inefficient, it has proved extremely beneficial, not only for the environment, but also from an economic point of view.
Advantages of solar energy:
1. Renewable Energy Source : Of all the benefits of solar panels, the most important is that solar energy is an entirely renewable energy source. It can be used in all areas of the world and is available every day. It is not possible to run out of solar energy, the sun will be available to us for at least another 5 billion years.
2. Reduction of electricity bills : when you have a good system of solar panels there will no longer be the need to use electricity by “buying it”, but you can produce electricity from the solar system on the roof of the house and use only that. But before making the final decision on switching to solar, if you’re looking for a power provider near me and their plans and costs, start by entering your zip code to compare them.!
3. Different applications: solar energy can be used for several purposes. It can generate electricity (photovoltaic) or heat (solar thermal), it can be used to produce electricity in areas without access to the power grid, to distill water in regions with limited supplies of clean water, and it can power satellites in space.
4. Low maintenance costs: Generally solar energy systems do not require much maintenance. However, they must be kept clean, and once a year their condition must be checked. Every 5-10 years you need to change the energy converter because continuing to work continuously to convert solar energy into electricity (solar photovoltaic) and heat (solar thermal) could wear out quickly. The cables should also be kept clean and checked to ensure that the solar system operates at maximum efficiency.
5. Technology development : The technology in the solar energy sector is constantly advancing and improvements are very fast.
The Uses of Solar Panels
Today they are mainly used to supply energy to satellites, for domestic or industrial use, for small gadgets of daily use, for solar power plants and for some means of transport.
The large use projects in the future mainly concern transport and large solar plants where the sun is abundant.
Solar Panels in Everyday Life
There are many uses of these panels, from domestic applications to bring energy into the home to industrial ones. Let’s see them.
- Power the satellites. They require energy and cannot be connected to the Earth by cable, so they need their own energy source to be self-sufficient. The solution is solar panels, since they benefit from good sun exposure. Furthermore, once in orbit, they have a low energy requirement.
- Domestic uses. Panels are installed on the roof of the houses to have a private energy production. While the cost of installation may seem high, this renewable source becomes profitable in the long run, generating substantial savings.
- Feed street furniture. By mounting small panels, it is possible to power various urban furnishings that run on electricity, such as street lamps for example, which thus become self-sufficient.
- Power industrial plants. Coupled with the energy that comes from the grid, this renewable source allows considerable savings since production requires significant amounts of energy.
- Powering solar power plants, which provide a source of clean energy to hundreds of thousands of homes.